This thermostat is very accurate and can be used to control 110/120 volt heating or cooling appliances (15 amp max). To operate, simply plug it into an outlet, and plug your appliance into the front of the thermostat! This energy-saving thermostat has up to 4 different daily temperature settings during weekdays and another 4 on weekends. The thermostat can be set to automatically lower the night temperature and raise it in the morning and you will have 2 extra settings that can be set to automatically raise or lower the temperature at anytime. Simply flip open the protective cover to access the easy-to-use controls. Thermostat comes with a battery backup so programs are not lost in a power outage. Batteries (included).
What is a Differential?
- Temperature range: 45° to 90° F
- Adjustable temperature differential (1/2° to 2 1/2°)
- Programmable with up to 4 daily settings
- Can handle 16 full load amps @120V
- Plug in control (no wiring needed)
- Can be used for heating or cooling
- Settings are saved by battery backup
- Can handle 15 full load amps @120V
The difference between on and off setpoints on a control. For temperature, it is the difference in degrees between the thermostat's on and off setting. If you set a heating thermostat with a 3 degree differential to 71°, it will supply power at any temperature below 71° and cut off at 74° (3 degrees above the setpoint). A cooling thermostat would cut on above 71° and off at 68°.