ACF Greenhouses Shipping Policies
Some items sold by ACF Greenhouses are shipped directly from the manufacturer's warehouse. While this helps us to deliver products to customers faster, it also means that your order may consist of items shipped from multiple locations (you could possibly receive multiple packages arriving at different times). Below is a breakdown of delivery methods and shipping times.
We do not ship outside of the USA.
Free Shipping: Any item which we offer free shipping is limited to the contiguous United States (This excludes AK and HI). Please contact us for the availability and cost to ship elsewhere.
Grow lights will only be shipped to an address listed with your credit card company. Shipping addresses can easily be added to most credit card accounts by calling the phone number on the back of the credit card.
Customer Pick Up: We offer the option for customers to pick up orders from our warehouse and save on shipping costs. Some items ship direct and can not be picked up from our warehouse. Please call ahead to give us time to prepare your order and verify items are in stock. VA sales tax will apply to all pickup orders.
Shipment by Priority Mail
These orders are shipped by the USPS and can be shipped to any destination in the United States that excepts postal mail. Orders are normally shipped within 1 to 2 business days. Orders are shipped by Priority Mail service (delivery usually takes 3 to 5 business days after order is shipped, but can take up to 15 days) unless otherwise stated. Some items can't be shipped by Priority Mail. Delivery times are not guaranteed. For more information about USPS services, please visit www.usps.com.
Shipment by UPS Ground and 2nd Day Air
These orders are shipped by UPS and can be shipped to any destination in the United States (except PO Boxes). Orders are normally shipped within 1 to 2 business days. Orders are shipped by Ground (delivery usually takes 3 to 6 business days after order is shipped) unless otherwise stated. 2nd Day Air (Guaranteed to arrive 2 business days after it is shipped) service is guaranteed from time of shipping, not from when the order was placed. UPS does not deliver on Saturday or Sunday or require a signature for delivery. For more information about UPS services, please visit www.ups.com.
UPS Additional Delivery Fee
If a customer changes their delivery address after shipment or an incorrect shipping address is provided, UPS charges an additional $12 per package which we pass on to the customer. Common address mistakes include:
- Using incorrect or missing important words like North, Avenue, Street, Place, etc.
- Wrong city or incorrect zip code used.
- No apartment or suite # specified when applicable.
Online Orders: Some items shipped via 2nd Day Air may incur dimensional weight surcharges not reflected in the online shopping cart. You will be notified before shipping if additional charges apply.
Shipment by FREIGHT TRUCK
If you have special delivery needs, call us at 888-888-9050 before ordering,
Freight orders can be shipped to most destinations located in the United States (except Alaska and Hawaii). It is the customer's responsibility to be present at the time of delivery for residential orders (the freight carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery day. Delivery times are generally limited to standard business day hours). Freight trucks are responsible for curbside / street side delivery only. Most freight terminals only have full size tractor trailers available to deliver with. If this size truck is unable to drive to your address, you will probably need to have the shipment delivered to another location. For most shipments, it is recommended that at least two people be available to help the freight truck driver unload the shipment. Freight carriers do not deliver on Saturday or Sunday.
and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Once the carrier signs the bill of lading (receipt) they become your agent acting on your behalf as though you were there picking up the order yourself. The safe and careful handling of your shipment is then their responsibility. Upon arrival at your destination, you should be aware of some helpful steps on handling the receipt.
FREIGHT TRUCK DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS
- Count the number of pieces. Check the number of boxes received against the number shown on the driver's delivery sheet. If there is a shortage, write the number of missing boxes on your copy and the driver's copy of the receipt, and have the driver sign both copies.
- Check the delivery for damages. When checking for damages, it is important to look for all visible damage such as, boxes that are crushed, dented, torn, opened, resealed, punctured, wet, and stained, Make all notations of shortages or damages directly under the contents shipped section on all copies of the delivery receipt. Failure to note damage on delivery receipts will cause delays in the replacement process and having to prove the damage was not done after you received the shipment.
- Do not refuse delivery for minor damage. If a package is damaged, check the contents for damage before refusing delivery. If damage appears to be minor, and only a few items need to be replaced, we recommend accepting the shipment (or at least any undamaged packages) after making note of damages on delivery receipt. Doing this will speed up the replacement process in many cases because parts can be shipped sooner and faster delivery methods can be used.
- Contact us if you have a problem. The guidelines above will help us to process any claims you may have faster. Please contact us within 10 to 15 days of delivery if you have problems with your shipment. We will work with you and the carrier to replace any damaged or missing items as soon as possible.